InícioInício  CalendárioCalendário  FAQFAQ  BuscarBuscar  MembrosMembros  GruposGrupos  Registrar-seRegistrar-se  Conectar-seConectar-se  

Compartilhe | 

[I.A.] Hagiografia de S. Loyats (ING-PT, em tradução)

Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Ir em baixo 
AutorMensagem
Ana Catarina de Monforte
Condessa de Ourém

MensagemAssunto: [I.A.] Hagiografia de S. Loyats (ING-PT, em tradução)   Seg Maio 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Citação :

Father Loyats, Priest of Canterbury, founder of the Order of St. Jerome is here presented for canonization as a Builder of the Church. For without the work of Father Loyats the Aristotelian Church would have been must delayed in its construction on English soil.

A Life Dedicated to Jah

The early life of Loyats is clouded in mystery. He was born on the 12th of December in 1428 in the fishing town of Dover, County Sussex, England. Loyats was a devoted fisherman. Most of his days were spent in his small fishing craft far off the coast to find the best catch, which he always shared with his neighbours.

While he spent his days as a common fisherman, Loyats made no secret of his love for God, or for his future intentions.

Citação :
I am called Loyats, I am but a humble fisherman and hope to do nothing more than the will of God.

Loyats always heard the way of the Church calling to him. However, Loyats acknowledged that only The Almighty could see his future. When asked if he would join the Church he responded:

Citação :
That is indeed my intent, although I will walk the path the Lord places in front of me, be it service to The Church or otherwise.

Loyats was also very skilled in the discipline of art. In both Dover and Canterbury, Loyats tasked himself with drawing the first seals for those two towns. He later would go on to establish the College of Heraldry in England. He used this skill to draw up coats of arms for many of the clergy throughout England. Unfortunately, his original works have been scattered over time, but copies of his work still remain:

Canterbury Parish

Despite the love Loyats bore for his home town of Dover, and the love for his neighbours, he travelled to Canterbury and was thus installed as the Priest of this Parish.

Because of his trustworthiness, honesty, and friendly demeanour, he quickly ingratiated himself to the people of Canterbury, just as he had in Dover.

Because of Loyats strong personality and his approachability, many of the priests and priestesses of England followed the example of Father Loyats when they set up their own parishes in their own towns.

The Miracle of the Fish

When Father Loyats first came to the town of Canterbury to serve as priest, he realized that the fishermen of the town were in dire straights. Being a fisherman himself, Loyats was very concerned with their plight. The fisherman set out each morning in their boats, or stood on the shores with their lines, however, the fisherman returned each day empty handed.

The fisherman of Canterbury could not support themselves, having nothing to show for their daily labours. The people of Canterbury suffered with no fish to eat and strengthen their minds.

Father Loyats immediately prayed to Jah, and that night as he slept he had a vision. In his vision he sailed out into the sea. The boat was steered, not by his own oars, but by a divine hand. When the boat stopped Loyats saw schools of fish swimming below his boat.

The next day Father Loyats himself led the fisherman of Canterbury out into the sea to the place that he had seen in his vision. And indeed, that day more fish were caught than ever before by the men and women of that town. Because of Father Loyats' miraculous vision, the fisherman of Canterbury were now able to feed themselves and still have fish left over for sale.

The Order of St. Jerome

At this time in England, there was little structure to the Aristotlian Church. Loyats recognized the need to organize the Church early on. Father Loyats organized the first religious order in England, the Order of St. Jerome. This order was tasked with translating, and bring Church doctrine to the citizens of England.

Father Loyats himself was personally responsible for releasing countless documents to the English faithful. He brought the dogmatical works to English soil as well as the Canon Law, and the sacraments. And it was because of his order that works are still being translating and presented onto the English faithful.

The Death of Father Loyats

On the 1st of May, 1454 the English faithful were horrified to hear that Father Loyats had fallen ill. Messengers had spread out from Canterbury carrying these disturbing tidings that this great man was struck with a wasting sickness.

Loyats maintained his faith in God even while disease weakened his body:

Citação :
I will see no doctor and will go to visit the Lord once he is done with me here and calls me to him.

I will continue with what little effort I can, preparing the mass, and working in my mill, but I can not garuntee for how long I will be able. Do not fear, for you will see me again one day when the Lord does call you as well. And until then I will watch over you... in my way.

The then mayor of Canterbury, Madmaxhammer, demonstrated the town’s love for their priest by commissioning a statue in Loyats image to be constructed in the square before the Church. Father Loyats however refused.

Citação :
Even a statue would be too much, those that I would want to know me already do, and if it requires a statue to prompt others to ask about me or to speak of me, then they could better spend their time along other lines of conversation.

Testimonies:

Father Mecchio of Canterbury escreveu:
In my past experiences with Father Loyats, he has portrayed nothing less to me than virtue and faith.

As my mentor, I have much to say about his teachings to me as I worked towards my ordination. He taught me the order of priesthood in its esteemed position and the respect for my fellow brothers and sister in faith.

Father Ecthelion of Dorchester escreveu:
Loyats was an incredible man, and you cannot truly fathom his generosity and honest spirit without having known him. He was a man whose faith shone through into his everyday life. He was never too busy to lend a helping hand to those who needed it, regardless of who they were.

I unfortunately never met him, but carried out a correspondence with him from several towns away. He was eloquent, he had a deep faith, he had a gift for explaining the mysteries of the faith to others, he was well-liked. In everything, he saw the blessings that Jah had given to him, and he shared them with others.

Madmaxhammer escreveu:
Loyats... Your impact will never ever go unfilled here in Canterbury. You are one of our founding members and deserve a place of honour in that church you have built.

Furthermore I will fully nominate your name to be considered for sainthood.

Lord, hold Father Loyats close to him, he is one of our finest we have to offer you.

Dragonflame escreveu:
He was a VERY trusted man and a truely great guy, he was devoted to the church and made every effort possible to get things done, something which no one can surpass.

His brilliance was matched by his popularity, he was perhaps one of the most enfluentual people on this world, he didn't just influence the church as a whole, his enthusiasm and cheerfulness infected us all and the things he done still play a very important role in today's life.

It is perhaps because of him, not any Bishop, archbishop or Cardinal, that this church survived in England....

Mother Arynna of Dartmouth escreveu:
He was always willing to help out another, even a stranger that he had never met. Father Loyats was always willing to give assistance and advice whenever asked. He went above and beyond to help those who needed it.

drrino escreveu:
For me personally, Loyats was a friend and a standard to try and achieve. Even before being a priest, Loyats was a father to the Town of Dover. We always asked him for help, and he was always there for everyone. He did not hold grudges, and did not have a malicious bone in his body. Loyats, and his memory, are a role model to me, but one I know I can never achieve.

Anto_Capone, Duke of Cornwall escreveu:
Loyats was a dear friend of mine, I knew him well before he was even a priest! =D

Great guy, I really miss him

Zamorak escreveu:
Although i did not know him, from what I heard he was a great man to all the citizens of Sussex. i support that he be made a saint!

Selene escreveu:
When I was a relatively new level 1, Father Loyats received a boat as a random event. He chose to offer it to sale to the first level 0 or 1 that that asked for 80 pounds. I took him up on the offer and much appreciated the generous start. Not a big thing but I think typical of his generosity. As he was dying he took the time to make sure the town had and adequate supply of flour to last awhile

Gwendalyn escreveu:
I know on his death bed, he continued his good works. He dragged himself from his bed to work each day and sold his flour to the town hall for as cheap as allowed. With those funds, he purchased overpriced goods from the market, and resold them for the lowest price. (at that time it was corn that was overpriced, so he paid 4-4.50 and resold for 2) I believe he also did the same with fish and bread to provide for the poor.

Maxims:
Citação :
The politics of man have no place in the life of a man of God.

Citação :
No one, not even the Almighty, who has the power, would, or would want to, force you to do something against your will. The Universal and Holy Roman Aristotelian Church is a Church of voluntary believers not of puppets and masters.

Citação :
Aristotle teaches us that a man should be measured by his own self-image not that of others

Relics: The mortal remains of Father Loyats rest in the Church of Canterbury. Also housed there are the remains of his fishing boat. In the halls of the order of St. Jerome is the seal that he crafted for official documents (seen above)

Associations: Fisherman ; translators
Loyats of Canterbury was officially canonized March 25, 1455. This, his Hagiography, is dogma of the Universal Roman Aristotelian Church.

Última edição por Ana Catarina de Monforte em Qui Maio 26, 2011 8:54 pm, editado 1 vez(es)
Ver perfil do usuário http://condadoourem.forumeiros.com.pt
Ana Catarina de Monforte
Condessa de Ourém

MensagemAssunto: Re: [I.A.] Hagiografia de S. Loyats (ING-PT, em tradução)   Qui Maio 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Citação :

Reverendo Loyats, pároco de Canterbury, fundador da Ordem de São Jerome é aqui apresentado para canonização como sendo um construtor da Igreja. Pois sem o seu trabalho a construção da Igreja Aristotélica em solo inglês estaria muito atrasada.

Uma vida dedicada a Jah

O inicio da vida de Loyats está nublada em mistério. Ele nasceu a 12 de Dezembro de 1428 na vila piscatória de Dover, Condado de Sussex, Inglaterra. Loyats foi um pescador dedicado. A maioria dos seus dias eram passados ao largo da costa, no seu pequeno barco de pesca, em busca das melhores capturas, que ele sempre partilhou com os seus vizinhos.

Enquanto passava os seus dias como um comum pescador, Loyats não fez segredo do seu amor por Deus, ou das suas intenções futuras.

Citação :
Chamo-me Loyats, sou um humilde pescador e espero não fazer nada mais que a vontade de Deus.

Loyats sempre ouviu o dever da Igreja a chamar por ele. Contudo, reconheceu que apenas o Todo-Poderoso podia ver o seu futuro. Quando lhe perguntaram se iria juntar-se à Igreja, ele respondeu:

Citação :
É de facto a minha intenção, mas eu irei andar nos caminhos que o Senhor me colocar à minha frente, seja esse um serviço para a Igreja ou não.

Loyats was also very skilled in the discipline of art. In both Dover and Canterbury, Loyats tasked himself with drawing the first seals for those two towns. He later would go on to establish the College of Heraldry in England. He used this skill to draw up coats of arms for many of the clergy throughout England. Unfortunately, his original works have been scattered over time, but copies of his work still remain:

Canterbury Parish

Despite the love Loyats bore for his home town of Dover, and the love for his neighbours, he travelled to Canterbury and was thus installed as the Priest of this Parish.

Because of his trustworthiness, honesty, and friendly demeanour, he quickly ingratiated himself to the people of Canterbury, just as he had in Dover.

Because of Loyats strong personality and his approachability, many of the priests and priestesses of England followed the example of Father Loyats when they set up their own parishes in their own towns.

The Miracle of the Fish

When Father Loyats first came to the town of Canterbury to serve as priest, he realized that the fishermen of the town were in dire straights. Being a fisherman himself, Loyats was very concerned with their plight. The fisherman set out each morning in their boats, or stood on the shores with their lines, however, the fisherman returned each day empty handed.

The fisherman of Canterbury could not support themselves, having nothing to show for their daily labours. The people of Canterbury suffered with no fish to eat and strengthen their minds.

Father Loyats immediately prayed to Jah, and that night as he slept he had a vision. In his vision he sailed out into the sea. The boat was steered, not by his own oars, but by a divine hand. When the boat stopped Loyats saw schools of fish swimming below his boat.

The next day Father Loyats himself led the fisherman of Canterbury out into the sea to the place that he had seen in his vision. And indeed, that day more fish were caught than ever before by the men and women of that town. Because of Father Loyats' miraculous vision, the fisherman of Canterbury were now able to feed themselves and still have fish left over for sale.

The Order of St. Jerome

At this time in England, there was little structure to the Aristotlian Church. Loyats recognized the need to organize the Church early on. Father Loyats organized the first religious order in England, the Order of St. Jerome. This order was tasked with translating, and bring Church doctrine to the citizens of England.

Father Loyats himself was personally responsible for releasing countless documents to the English faithful. He brought the dogmatical works to English soil as well as the Canon Law, and the sacraments. And it was because of his order that works are still being translating and presented onto the English faithful.

The Death of Father Loyats

On the 1st of May, 1454 the English faithful were horrified to hear that Father Loyats had fallen ill. Messengers had spread out from Canterbury carrying these disturbing tidings that this great man was struck with a wasting sickness.

Loyats maintained his faith in God even while disease weakened his body:

Citação :
I will see no doctor and will go to visit the Lord once he is done with me here and calls me to him.

I will continue with what little effort I can, preparing the mass, and working in my mill, but I can not garuntee for how long I will be able. Do not fear, for you will see me again one day when the Lord does call you as well. And until then I will watch over you... in my way.

The then mayor of Canterbury, Madmaxhammer, demonstrated the town’s love for their priest by commissioning a statue in Loyats image to be constructed in the square before the Church. Father Loyats however refused.

Citação :
Even a statue would be too much, those that I would want to know me already do, and if it requires a statue to prompt others to ask about me or to speak of me, then they could better spend their time along other lines of conversation.

Testimonies:

Father Mecchio of Canterbury escreveu:
In my past experiences with Father Loyats, he has portrayed nothing less to me than virtue and faith.

As my mentor, I have much to say about his teachings to me as I worked towards my ordination. He taught me the order of priesthood in its esteemed position and the respect for my fellow brothers and sister in faith.

Father Ecthelion of Dorchester escreveu:
Loyats was an incredible man, and you cannot truly fathom his generosity and honest spirit without having known him. He was a man whose faith shone through into his everyday life. He was never too busy to lend a helping hand to those who needed it, regardless of who they were.

I unfortunately never met him, but carried out a correspondence with him from several towns away. He was eloquent, he had a deep faith, he had a gift for explaining the mysteries of the faith to others, he was well-liked. In everything, he saw the blessings that Jah had given to him, and he shared them with others.

Madmaxhammer escreveu:
Loyats... Your impact will never ever go unfilled here in Canterbury. You are one of our founding members and deserve a place of honour in that church you have built.

Furthermore I will fully nominate your name to be considered for sainthood.

Lord, hold Father Loyats close to him, he is one of our finest we have to offer you.

Dragonflame escreveu:
He was a VERY trusted man and a truely great guy, he was devoted to the church and made every effort possible to get things done, something which no one can surpass.

His brilliance was matched by his popularity, he was perhaps one of the most enfluentual people on this world, he didn't just influence the church as a whole, his enthusiasm and cheerfulness infected us all and the things he done still play a very important role in today's life.

It is perhaps because of him, not any Bishop, archbishop or Cardinal, that this church survived in England....

Mother Arynna of Dartmouth escreveu:
He was always willing to help out another, even a stranger that he had never met. Father Loyats was always willing to give assistance and advice whenever asked. He went above and beyond to help those who needed it.

drrino escreveu:
For me personally, Loyats was a friend and a standard to try and achieve. Even before being a priest, Loyats was a father to the Town of Dover. We always asked him for help, and he was always there for everyone. He did not hold grudges, and did not have a malicious bone in his body. Loyats, and his memory, are a role model to me, but one I know I can never achieve.

Anto_Capone, Duke of Cornwall escreveu:
Loyats was a dear friend of mine, I knew him well before he was even a priest! =D

Great guy, I really miss him

Zamorak escreveu:
Although i did not know him, from what I heard he was a great man to all the citizens of Sussex. i support that he be made a saint!

Selene escreveu:
When I was a relatively new level 1, Father Loyats received a boat as a random event. He chose to offer it to sale to the first level 0 or 1 that that asked for 80 pounds. I took him up on the offer and much appreciated the generous start. Not a big thing but I think typical of his generosity. As he was dying he took the time to make sure the town had and adequate supply of flour to last awhile

Gwendalyn escreveu:
I know on his death bed, he continued his good works. He dragged himself from his bed to work each day and sold his flour to the town hall for as cheap as allowed. With those funds, he purchased overpriced goods from the market, and resold them for the lowest price. (at that time it was corn that was overpriced, so he paid 4-4.50 and resold for 2) I believe he also did the same with fish and bread to provide for the poor.

Maxims:
Citação :
The politics of man have no place in the life of a man of God.

Citação :
No one, not even the Almighty, who has the power, would, or would want to, force you to do something against your will. The Universal and Holy Roman Aristotelian Church is a Church of voluntary believers not of puppets and masters.

Citação :
Aristotle teaches us that a man should be measured by his own self-image not that of others

Relics: The mortal remains of Father Loyats rest in the Church of Canterbury. Also housed there are the remains of his fishing boat. In the halls of the order of St. Jerome is the seal that he crafted for official documents (seen above)

Associations: Fisherman ; translators
Loyats of Canterbury was officially canonized March 25, 1455. This, his Hagiography, is dogma of the Universal Roman Aristotelian Church.[/quote]

[I.A.] Hagiografia de S. Loyats (ING-PT, em tradução)
Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Voltar ao Topo 
Página 1 de 1
 Tópicos similares
-
» Glossário de aviação
» MS Flight (Hawaii) - Beta liberado
» Resident Evil 6 tem média de “0.4″ pontos no Metacritic
» Problema ao instala Update v91 no FS2004
» [TUTORIAL] Entendendo o ENBSeries linha por llinha - Bloom alternativo para - FS2004 e FSX

Permissão deste fórum:Você não pode responder aos tópicos neste fórum
 :: Burgo :: Biblioteca Condal :: Ala Aristotélica-
Ir para: