InícioInício  CalendárioCalendário  FAQFAQ  BuscarBuscar  MembrosMembros  GruposGrupos  Registrar-seRegistrar-se  Conectar-seConectar-se  

Compartilhe | 

Charter of the College of Heraldry

Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Ir em baixo 
AutorMensagem
senhordeleiria
Barão de Queluz

MensagemAssunto: Charter of the College of Heraldry    Sab Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am

Citação :
Charter of the English College of Heraldry

Preamble:
By the grace and divine right of his Majesty, the King of England, Long John Silver, and through the continuing grace of our Sovereign, this English College of Heraldry is hereby formed and maintained. All members of the College will adhere to these proclamations or face discipline as appropriate to their actions.

ONE Purpose:
I. The English College of Heraldry, from here out referred to as the College, will provide support in the form of coats of arms, seals, banners, and all manner of things artistic to all the peoples, guilds, villages and variations thereof, of England, regardless of political, economic, or religious goals; however, the greatest effort will be made by the members of this College to abstain from any relations with criminal organizations or purveyors of criminal action. The College of Heraldry will maintain a list of Criminal Organizations.
II. The College will maintain all artistic designs produced by the College to provide inspiration on future projects. The College recognizes that the destruction of rejected projects should be considered an error by the membership unless such art is deemed so insufficient of artistic value that it could never provide inspiration, by the leadership of the College.
III. The College will collect, store, and display all official coats of arms, seals, banners, and other artistic designs not produced by the College at large that are held and displayed by the organizations, villages, counties, and important persons of England so as to clearly congregate them in one location for reference and knowledgeable purpose.
IV. The College will maintain a record of a) all buildings and lands which can be attached to the appropriate title, b) baronet and peerage titles bestowed, c) noble houses and family documents.
V. The College will maintain the criteria for titles and noble houses and review nominees to determine level, pending availability of said titles.
VI. The College will strive to inspire its' junior members, maintain transparency, and cooperate with the public at large to create a friendly atmosphere of heraldic cooperation between our clients and our membership while recognizing achievement with due reward.

TWO Criterium for Membership in the College:
I. First and foremost, the person must be a person of England, and permanently reside within her borders unless duties grant her travel to foreign soil.
II. The person must be in good standing with the Crown and Counties of England, having committed no serious offenses (IG or RP: robbery, revolt, treason, betrayal, or murder) and being involved in no conspiracies to commit such.
III. The person must demonstrate interest in the College by informing the current leadership of a desire to join.
IV. The person must read, sign, and adhere to this charter, its' amendments and attachments, and acknowledge the wisdom of the will of the leadership of this College and demonstrate impartiality and good judgment.
V. A member is allowed to leave at any such time as they desire. Any such things that may mark you as a member of the College should be left behind.

THREE Rules and Standards for Good Discipline within the College
I. All manner of things debatable, which may be outraging, inflammatory, or discriminatory, are not to be spoken within these halls. The leadership of the College will have the final say on such topics, and continued disrespect for this mandate will be considered cause for expulsion from the College.
II. The continued destruction of works of art by a member, against the will of the leadership of the College, will be considered grounds for discipline, and could result in expulsion from the College. The punishment of such an action is to be considered by a consensus or formal vote of the leadership of the College, and not generalized, recognizing each case is separate and separately accountable.
III. The refusal to sign this charter, even after being granted access to these halls, will be considered immediate grounds for expulsion unless the person or his peers can prove ignorance or lack of access.
IV. The making of statements against the good name of the College will not be uttered by anyone wearing the regalia marking them as a member of the College. If the person can not conduct themselves in a manner of respect and acceptance, then they should not bear anything marking them as a member of such. The College will not force upon its members its' ideals, and it expects the same in return. The punishment of such an action is to be considered by a consensus or formal vote of the leadership of the College, and not generalized, recognizing each case is separate and separately accountable.
V. The displaying of any coats of arms, seals, banners, or other artistic things by any member of the College that were not created or recognized by the College will be a manner of warning. Continued refusal of compliance, or vocal opposition of such warnings will result in more serious discipline. The punishment of such an action is to be considered by a consensus or formal vote of the leadership of the College, and not generalized, recognizing each case is separate and thus separately accountable.

FOUR Responsibilities of the College
The College is required to create and maintain rules, guidelines, and procedures for those areas that they are tasked with overseeing.
Our Sovereign has the sole right to veto anything completed by the College.
Charter changes must be approved by the Heralds Council and then submitted to our Sovereign.
Rules and procedures must be approved by the Heralds Council.

Guidelines should generally be developed through discussion and will be established once approved by one of the King of Arms.

Areas that the College oversees includes, but are not limited to, the following:
Coats of Arms
Noble Entitlements and Requirements
Baronets
Noble Houses
Buildings and Structures

FIVE Ranks and Regalia of the College
I. Given the nature of the College and individualism, all ranks will be displayed in Latin, the English translation thereof and the English equivalent, the calling of such being a choice of the individual, and recognizing all names for the same rank as equal.
II. The wearing of Regalia established by the College for each rank is optional and can not be forced upon any member, with the exception of the leadership of the College who must proudly and prominently display their membership.
III. Recognizing that some titles granted by the College may appear to denote sovereignty over a particular region or village, no such power can, in fact, be given by this organization.
IV. The Ranks within the College are:
King of Arms
Herald of Arms
Pursuivant
Apprentice
Probationary

SIX Councils
I. The College of Herald is composed of two councils: King of Arms, and Herald's Council. All Heralds will perform their duties as outlined in this charter and as the leadership requires.
II. The leadership of the College has the right to allow exceptions to specific rules when circumstances warrant such an action.
III. All matters pertaining to the College of Heraldry may be discussed within the halls of the College. Generally, a consensus of the heralds will prevail; however, in case of difficult matters, a formal poll may be initiated to settle the opinion. Any member, or King of Arms, may motion for a formal vote to be initiated.

SEVEN Artistic Designs
I. The requester of any work by the College will be referred to as a client that commissions work from the College. All respect and candor should be made towards clients when describing their options for a creation, even if such requests would violate traditional heraldic form. It is not the duty of a Herald to instruct what is right and proper, only to advise.
II. A coat of arms is formed about an arm, or shield, and is traditionally reserved for those awarded such by the Crown. The College will provide such design to any individual and produce the coat of arms for wear by individuals.
III. Seals are similar to coats of arms in that they contain heraldic symbolisms but have no arm or shield. These are reserved for Nobles ranking of Baron or high, national or county institutions, counties and towns.
IV. Flags may be requested by any military organization recognized by the Crown. These are reserved for the purposes of ceremonies or battles.
V. The naming of all coats of arms, seals, and flags should be completed in English, if at all, as to provide it's description and purpose to all those who witness its presence.
VI. The mottos to be displayed below a coats of arms, or seals should be in one of the common languages: English, Latin, Greek, Italian, French, German, or Spanish at the client's behest.

EIGHT Reception and displaying of Peerage
There are five ranks of peerage: Duke, Marquess, Earl, Viscount, and Baron (OOC: These Ranks are solely for RP purposes.)
I. A grant of armorial bearings recognizes the contribution or future contribution made to England by the organization or individual implicated.
II. Whoever obtains an official coat of arms from the College of Heraldry is required to be intimately acquainted with the rules relating to the displaying of his title and coat of arms and is subject to these rules.
III. Upon the reception of a noble peerage, the individual involved will have to swear the following oath to be able to wear his title proudly and to help England and contribute to its' prosperity and growth:
Citação :
I, *Name*, now *Title received*, swear obedience to my King, hence to my country, promising to uphold England’s standards and to let it grow without hindrance. I shall fight felony and malice with all my strength and humbly wear my title. I agree and promise to uphold this statement:

'Ye shall swear to bear faith, truth, and obedience only to the king's majesty, and to his heirs of his body, begotten and to be begotten, and to England. In case any oath be made, or has been made, by you, to any person or persons that conflict with this oath, that then ye are to repute the same as vain and annihilate; and that, to your cunning, wit, and uttermost of your power, without guile, fraud, or other undue means, you shall observe, keep, maintain, and defend England, and all the whole consequences thereof; and this ye shall do against all manner of persons, of what estate, dignity, degree, or condition soever they be, and in no wise do or attempt, nor to your power suffer to be done or attempted, directly or indirectly, any thing or things privily or apartly to the let, hindrance, damage, or derogation thereof, or of any part of the same, by any manner of means, or for any manner of pretence; so help you Jah, all saints, and the holy Evangelists.'

New Peers may also choose to swear the following non-specific religion oath:
Citação :
"I, <name>, now <of>, swear obedience to my King, hence to my country, promising to uphold England’s standards and to let it grow without hindrance. I shall fight felony and malice with all my strength and humbly wear my title. I agree and promise to uphold this statement :

'Ye shall swear to bear faith, truth, and obedience only to the king's majesty, and to his heirs of his body, begotten and to be begotten, and to England. In case any oath be made, or has been made, by you, to any person or persons that conflict with this oath, that then ye are to repute the same as vain and annihilate; and that, to your cunning, wit, and uttermost of your power, without guile, fraud, or other undue means, you shall observe, keep, maintain, and defend England, and all the whole consequences thereof; and this ye shall do against all manner of persons, of what estate, dignity, degree, or condition soever they be, and in no wise do or attempt, nor to your power suffer to be done or attempted, directly or indirectly, any thing or things privily or apartly to the let, hindrance, damage, or derogation thereof, or of any part of the same, by any manner of means, or for any manner of pretence; so help you what you hold true . '"

IV. A person having received a noble peerage has the privilege to appose the "Lord", "Lady" prefix in front of his name. A Duchess may be addressed by the prefix "Her Grace", whilst Princes may be addressed by the title “Your Highness”. Our Sovereign may be addressed by the title, "Your Majesty".

V. The peerage received will be consigned in a registrar of all English Titles & lands attributed.
VI. A peerage is granted for life, and may be revoked only by the King’s authority or by a vote from the council of heralds.

VII. A Peerage will be associated to a geographic element.
VIII. Peerages issued under these rules do not confer any power over other peers.
Please note: The Duke rank does not convey authority over the county they are Duke/Duchess of (Devon, Mercia, Sussex, or Westmorland). That power lies with the elected Count and their council.

NINE Charter Revisions
I. Any member of the College may suggest an amendment or addition, as long as he has the support of at least two other members, and will work with the leadership of the College to make sure it is presented in proper language as to fit with the text of charter.
II. Once a final draft of the proposed amendment or addition is made, it will be presented for the Herald Council to discuss and then to be accepted or rejected as a part of the charter, except in such case as it is deemed necessary by the Kings of Arms of the College for continued function of the College, in which case it will be enacted immediately.

Cordelia escreveu:
Items in () are organizational notes

Citação :
Table of Contents

Preamble
1 College Membership
2 Grants of Arms
3 Noble Peerage
4 Oath of Peerage
5 Baronets
6 Noble Houses
7 Abbrevations
8 Amendments

(unchanged)

Citação :
Preamble
  1. The College of Heraldry is the guardian of all matters appertaining to the delivery of coat of arms, seals, flags, street banners, noble titles, lands, house ranking, and heraldic system.
  2. In coordination with admin ruling, the College of Heraldry is responsible only to the King of England:
    [url=http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=1182635]{Badger}[/url] escreveu:
    I have been asked again to explain the concept of the Lyon Court and/or College of Heraldry and their status as institutions of the King, wholly separate from the whims of local or national governments.

The Lyon Court in Scotland, like the College of Heraldry in England are answerable only to the King.

Let me try to clarify what this means, the explanation is going to require a bit of OOC and RP mixing of concepts, so follow me on this.

England and Scotland elect a Regent and a Steward respectively. These are political appointments. The people occupying these positions change regularly. One the other hand, Nobility is not political, and noble titles do not change hands regularly. Nobility is whole separate from politics and the daily change of opinion. For this reason the appointment of and the maintenance of nobility must be kept separate from politics. From an RP concept, the granting and approval of titles comes from the King via his representatives, the Lyon Court and the College of Heraldry. From an OOC/practical aspect, LJS does not have anything to do with these decisions, they are local RP and not concerned with the IG.

Now, what does this mean to the characters in RK? I think that we need to realize a certain expectation that this is medieval Europe, not 21st century Europe, and that those who choose to join this world should make an attempt to RP as such. As a character in RK you cannot overthrow the King. As a character in RK, words from the King do carry a weight, as do his appointed representatives, in this case the Lyon Court. We would all enjoy better RP if those who choose to RP here tried to keep this respect in mind. Trying to tear down every institution defeats the entire point what RK is supposed to represent.

The Lyon Court and College of Heraldry will remain separate entities, answerable to only to the King for RP purposes, to the Forum Admin for OOC purposes.

Badger

(permission to repost granted)
  3. The College of Heraldry is lead by the Heralds Council and the Garter Principle King of Arms.
  4. All graphical works published by the College of Heraldry is owned by the College of Heraldry; permission should be sought from the Norroy KoA before altering or amending works published.
  5. Heralds have the right to enforce any of the heraldic laws, and point out individuals breaching the heraldic system. -- needs to be expanded.
(unchanged)

Citação :
1. College Membership
  1. Structure
    • Heralds Council
      - Shall consist of all officers.
      - All votes shall be for a period of 5 days. All voters must state which way they are voting for the vote to count.

• Officers
      - All officers shall serve until resignation or removal by the Heralds Council.
      - All officers are members and may vote in matters of the College.
      - Must follow all the rules for members of the college.

• Members
      - Must not use outraging, inflammatory or discriminatory language.
      - Shall preserve the good name of the college.
      - All members of the College of Heraldry shall wear either a CoA with the CoA of the College marshalled, a heralds crown, or a line of text indicating their membership of the College.
      - All KoA will proudly wear the regalia of a KoA (golden staffs and collar).

• Guests (observers, ambassadors, etc)
      - Are allowed to participate in all discussions.
      - May offer to assist in any project.
      - Are not members of the College.
      - May not be nominated for KoA positions.
      - May not vote in KoA elections or in formal polls.
      - May not speak for the College.

• Ranks
    • King of Arms
      - Are officers of the College.
      - There are four KoA in the College. This includes the Garter Principle, Windsor, Clarenceux, Norroy
      - The KoA shall report to the Herald's Council.

• Herald of Arms
      - Shall be appointed by the Garter Principle King of Arms to help a specific KoA in their duties in general, to carry out a specific duty, or to act as a specific KoA or deputy in their county.
      - Shall report to their King of Arms.

• Pursuivant
      - Are appointed by a KoA and serve at their pleasure.

• Apprentice Herald
      - Are members of the college.
      - Rank is achieved by passing probation. This rank may also be granted to people who are not active enough to qualify for a higher rank.

• Probationary Herald
      - Are members of the College.
      - Must seek approval from a KoA for all communications outside the College pertaining to College works prior to sending them.

• Leadership
    • Duties of the KoA
      - The Garter Principle KoA is the head of the college and in charge of the running of the College, peerages and for representing the English College of Heraldry.
      - The Windsor KoA is second in command of the college and responsible for all administrative affairs.
      - The Clarenceux KoA is in charge of managing names of titles, records and noble families.
      - The Norroy KoA is in charge of grants of arms and is responsible for the production of all graphic works.

• Election of Windsor, Clarenceux, and Norroy Kings of Arms
      -Election for positions of Windsor, Clarenceux, and Norroy KoAs shall be held every six month commencing upon:
        -Windsor: 1st day of March and September
        -Clarenceux: 15th day of March and September
        -Norroy: 30th day of March and September

- The Garter Principle KoA shall set up nominations on the scheduled dates, allowing 3 days for nominations.
      - Any individual who receives 2 nominations shall be included in the 5 day selection vote at the end of 3 days. The highest number of votes shall be the winner
      -In the event of a tie, a 3 day run-off vote shall be held.

• Election for Garter Principal King of Arms
      - Election for Garter Principle KoA shall be held every six months, commencing upon the 1st day of January and July.
      - All current KoA shall serve as candidates to be elected to the position of the Garter Principle KoA. Past KoA may present themselves as candidates.
      - A 5 day vote shall be set up by the Windsor KoA for election of Garter if there is more than one nominee. The candidate with the highest number of votes shall be the winner.
      - In the event of a tie, a run-off election of 3 days shall be held.

• Probationary Status
      Upon entering the College for the first time, new members will undergo a probationary period during which time their contributions will be noted by a herald designated this task. The probation period will be set at 1 month; however, it may be extended upon recommendation with the approval of a KoA. Returning members will also be placed on probation; however, the period may be shortened.

In order to be removed from probation, members must demonstrate a willingness to contribute in both discussion and practical work (research, seals, CoAs, list/registrar maintenance, etc.) Contributions considered must be on topic, relevant, and not detrimental to the workings of the College or its' members and comply with all forum rules. Probationary members are expected to maintain the same standard of behavior that is required of all members of the CoH. This behavior is expected to extend beyond the walls of the College.

Failing to pass a probation review once will be met with an extended probationary period of one month. A second failure can result in removal from membership in the college.

• Revoking Membership
      Membership to the College of Heraldry may revoked for one or more of the below offenses:

• Missing a roll call for their specific area of contribution (admin/research or graphics) unless the college has been previously notified of a leave of absence.
      • Is no longer a resident of England and is not granted status as an observer or does not take on the role of heraldic ambassador.
      • Is no longer in good standing with the crown and counties of England having committed a serious offense (robbery, treason, etc) or having been involved in a conspiracy to commit such.
      • Disrespect for the following mandate: all manner of things debatable, which may be outraging, inflammatory, or discriminatory, are not to be spoken within these halls. The leadership of the College will have the final say on such topics.
      • The continued destruction of works of art by a member, against the will of the leadership of the College.
      • The making of statements against the good name of the College by anyone wearing regalia which marks them as a member of the college.
      • Refusing to display an appropriate mark of membership of the college - collar and staffs for KoAs and either the heralds crown, a marshaling of the CoH Arms, or a line of text for all other heralds.

Except in extreme cases, the College of Heraldry will work on a three strike basis. Upon the third strike, the leadership of the college will place the future of the offender with the College to a vote amongst all non-probationary heralds. Strikes will have a validity of six months, after which they will no longer be against the members name.
  • (Section 1 & 3 update 11/16)

Citação :
    2. Grants of arms
    1. All peasants (OOC: level 1 and higher) may have arms.
    2. Any individual entitled to arms may request the College to create them. If the individual wishes to design his own arms, they must be approved by the Norroy KoA.
    3. The following should be made arms: national institutions, counties, and towns.
    4. The following shall be made arms if a request is submitted by the group leader: families, county institutions, divisions within county armies, and groups recognized by House of Parliament or the Regent, or any group which applies and is approved by the Norroy KoA.
    5. All arms once made and approved by the CoH shall be posted in the coat of arms registry. Any arms not approved and posted may not be worn.
    6. The following are reserved items and may only be worn by those whose position allows, if their position changes then the items must be removed: crowns, clerical hats, tassels and staff, cornets, heralds crown, herald’s staff, collars of knightly orders, battlements. This list is only a guide and the full list with entitlements; pictures shall be maintained by the Norroy KoA.
    7. Supporters may only be worn by ranked families and peers.
    8. The Herald's Council shall be the sole judges of cases over right to arms, misuses of arms and design of arms and may change arms as needed.
    9. Each CoA is granted only to the person/group it is issued too and may only be used by others with their permission.
    10. A noble may use the CoA of the area named in their title, either marshaled or alone. Alternatively, anyone allowed a CoA may use the CoA of their town and/or county marshaled but not stand-alone.
    11. Each person can only display two CoA at a time. Limitations on displaying coat of arms as follows:
      • A personal coat of arms and a family coat of arms;
      • A personal coat of arms and a coat of arms from an awarded peerage. If holding multiple titles, only the highest title may be displayed.
      • A personal coat of arms and that of a guild or organization;
      • Any combination of two from the above list.
  • Peers (Baron and higher) are required to display their noble title in their signature at all times. This can be done either by showing their title (text) or their CoA (image). If a person holds multiple peerages they may choose to display only their highest noble title.
  • A foreigner entering the Realm of England and finding an Englishman using the same arms as him has no cause for complaint, if the Englishman’s arms are registered to the College of Heraldry. Both are subjects of different kings and princes, and hence, arms may be similar. Foreigners shall not bear arms judged similar to existing English arms.
  • (unchanged)

Citação :
    3. Rules for Noble Peerages
    1. Regarding the nomination and ceremony:
      a. The Monarch may nominate people for peerages and grant peerages. There is no limit as to the number of people the Monarch may nominate or grant. Unless a specific location is indicated, normal College process will occur to determine a location. Monarch nominations should see fit to further roleplay, reward player activities, and/or politically maneuver for the betterment of England.

b. An elected Count/Countess may nominate people for peerage. The number of nominations may not exceed the number of inhabited towns within their county. Colonies will not count for this until they are re-classified as towns. Capitols do count, once they are inhabited. All nominations are subject to the normal review process of the College to determine if the nominee is worthy and if so what title should be issued. These numbers do include the Count requesting peerage for himself. Count nominations may not be presented until half the term has been served by the nominating Count. This does not apply to Monarch nominations.

c. Monarchs and Counts will inform the CoH of nominations, The CoH shall maintain an office in the Tower of London to receive nominations for the Crown. Monarchs and Counts are to keep foremost in mind that the awarding of peerages should be done with fairness and with the goal of enhancement to RP. Counts will have a maximum period of four weeks after the end of their term to make all nominations before the College of Heraldry. Monarchs should submit their nominations and grants before the end of their term.

d. The CoH has the right to review nominations and attempt to resolve any that it does not agree with by discussion with the Monarch. The Monarch will approve/disapprove of all titles.

2. Regarding the administration of noble peerage:
      a. Only available grants of lands are to be bestowed.
      b. Peerages received will be consigned in a registrar of all English titles & grounds attributed.
      c. Upon the reception of a noble title, land or building, the person involved will have to swear an oath to be able to wear his title and to help England’s growth. (See below for acceptable Oaths)
      d. The noble peerage is not bestowed upon someone till he has sworn his oath. The oath is made to the Monarch of England, hence to Royal Power as a whole. The oath must be taken within two weeks of the announcement being made by the Garter Principal King of Arms.
      e. Peerage will be associated to a geographic element. The only exception is the title of Lord, which is not regulated by the CoH.

3. Regarding the wearing of noble titles, and of nobles:
      a. A person may have many titles, and wears them in a hierarchical order. Example : Baiboe, Duke of York, Earl of London, Lord of Southampton (Imaginary example).
      b. The rank of Lord/Lady is intended for those that have purchased a lordship in-game. However, this title is not regulated by the college. In-game lords requesting a title on the forums will have the Baronet title bestowed upon them. They will be Lord/Lady X of Town Y (Their town of residence).
      c. It is understood that a noble must wear his coat of arms, or the text of his peerage, in his signature as soon as it is awarded to him.
      d. It is also a granted convention that lesser titles could in turn be handed down to an heir prior to the death of the actual title holder.

4. Regarding the similarities of arms:
      A foreigner entering the Realm of England and finding an Englishman using the same arms as him has no cause for complaint if the Englishman’s arms are registered to the College of Heraldry. Both as subjects of different kings and princes, and hence, arms may be similar. Foreigners shall not bear arms judged similar to existing English arms.

5. Regarding the seizing of arms, or “Visitation”:
      Heralds have the right to enforce any of the heraldic laws, and point out individuals breaching the heraldic system.

6. Regarding title caps:
      a. Each person is limited to 3 peerages, regardless of off-map/on-map designations.
      b. Elected Counts and Baronets do not count for these caps.
      c. This limit does not prevent anyone from being given additional titles, but if that takes them over the cap then they must give up titles to conform to the cap. Titles given up can either be transferred to another deserving person, or returned to the pool. It is understood that it can take time to sort out these changes. After two weeks, if no progress is made in determining which title the title holder wishes to give up, then the College of Heraldry will decide which title is returned to the pool.

7. Regarding the revocation of noble titles:
      a. A peerage is granted for life, and may be revoked only by the Monarch's authority.
      b. The CoH has the right to request that peerages be revoked through a petition to the Monarch.

8. Regarding the transfer of noble titles:
      a. Any peerages may be transferred provided the nominee meets the requirements for the rank level. Honorary Titles are nontransferable.
      b. Approval by the Monarch must be granted (for all peerages).
      c. An on-map title may only be transferred to an individual who lives in the county where the title is located.
      Note: If a transfer request is not approved the title remains with the original holder.

9. Regarding the sharing of a noble title:
      a. Shared Peerages are no longer being issued, however, for those grandfathered in, the following applies.
      b.In case of a divorce, the peerage will not be returned to the individual title holder; it remains with both peers.
      c. In case of a death of a spouse, the peerage will remain in possession of the surviving spouse.

10. Regarding non-residency:
      Any person holding a title from the Throne of England is required to give an Oath of Loyalty to the Throne of England. People who move to other Kingdoms will likely be giving their Loyalty to their new King. Therefore, anyone holding a title from the Throne of England who has moved to a new Kingdom will be assumed to have transferred their Loyalty; these peers have two weeks to either transfer their title to a deserving citizen of England, or to contact the Monarch of England and convince the Monarch that they reaffirm loyalty to the Throne of England.

11. Regarding Knightly orders:
      a. An order can name proper knights as long as it has been recognized and approved as a knightly order by the Monarch beforehand.
      b. Only the Monarch can bestow the title of Knight of the Garter.

12. Regarding off-map/on-map entitlement
      Off-map peerages are to be granted under the provision that should such entitlements become on-map, they then fall under the rulings of on-map entitlement. In the Case of Ducal and Marquisate peerages, these entitlements must be surrendered to the appropriate players in exchange for a demotion of rank off-map entitlement replacement; alternatively, Ducal and Marquisate peers may choose to move to the new on-map geographic location to retain their peerage.

13. Regarding the Power over Peers:
      These peerages are not to be used as a way to confer abusive power over peers, except if the power is deemed worthy in a RP.

14. Regarding the Regent:
      A former Regent will be granted the title of Prince(ess) unless stripped by the House of Parliament.

15. Regarding Dukes and Counts:
      a. Counts are the elected leaders of the Counties and change every 2 months. A retired Count may request a peerage after retiring from his post.
      b. Dukes are members of the peerage. On-map Dukes do not hold any authority over the councils of their county.

16. Regarding noble families:
      a. A person desiring official approval from the CoH for his noble family must communicate with the Noble House Clerk.
      b. A married person may request changes in their personal CoA to suit their new spousal status. The changes will need to be authorized by the CoH before the updated personal CoA may be worn in public.

17. Regarding illegitimacy:
      Children born out of wedlock may carry arms of their family, or of their parents, yet, with a baton sinister, or a bend sinister, or a label.

(Updated 12/3/11)

Citação :
    4. Oath of Peerage

Concerning the various religious affiliations of peers, the College of Heraldry allows the following oaths to be used freely depending on religious preference. Amending an oath by a peer is not acceptable in any circumstances.

Proper Oath - Aristotelian escreveu:
    I, *Name*, now *Title received*, swear obedience to my King, hence to my country, promising to uphold England’s standards and to let it grow without hindrance. I shall fight felony and malice with all my strength and humbly wear my title. I agree and promise to uphold this statement:

'Ye shall swear to bear faith, truth, and obedience only to the king's majesty, and to his heirs of his body, begotten and to be begotten, and to England. In case any oath be made, or has been made, by you, to any person or persons that conflict with this oath, that then ye are to repute the same as vain and annihilate; and that, to your cunning, wit, and uttermost of your power, without guile, fraud, or other undue means, you shall observe, keep, maintain, and defend England, and all the whole consequences thereof; and this ye shall do against all manner of persons, of what estate, dignity, degree, or condition soever they be, and in no wise do or attempt, nor to your power suffer to be done or attempted, directly or indirectly, any thing or things privily or apartly to the let, hindrance, damage, or derogation thereof, or of any part of the same, by any manner of means, or for any manner of pretence; so help you Jah, all saints, and the holy Evangelists.'

Alternative Oath - No Specific Religion escreveu:
    "I, <name>, now <of>, swear obedience to my King, hence to my country, promising to uphold England’s standards and to let it grow without hindrance. I shall fight felony and malice with all my strength and humbly wear my title. I agree and promise to uphold this statement :

'Ye shall swear to bear faith, truth, and obedience only to the king's majesty, and to his heirs of his body, begotten and to be begotten, and to England. In case any oath be made, or has been made, by you, to any person or persons that conflict with this oath, that then ye are to repute the same as vain and annihilate; and that, to your cunning, wit, and uttermost of your power, without guile, fraud, or other undue means, you shall observe, keep, maintain, and defend England, and all the whole consequences thereof; and this ye shall do against all manner of persons, of what estate, dignity, degree, or condition soever they be, and in no wise do or attempt, nor to your power suffer to be done or attempted, directly or indirectly, any thing or things privily or apartly to the let, hindrance, damage, or derogation thereof, or of any part of the same, by any manner of means, or for any manner of pretence; so help you what you hold true . '"

(unchanged)

Citação :
    5. Baronetcy

Description - Any individual who is an in-game noble may apply for recognition as a Baronet. A Baronet is not considered a peer (noble) in the English nobility system; however, Baronetcy are considered in house (family) rankings. A Baronet is used for both male and female. This title differs from the peerage rank of Baron(ess).

Entitlement - A Baronet may request a coat of arms topped with the use of the Baronet crown; however, this is not required. Traditionally, Baronets are granted by place of residence - for example, JohnDoe, Baronet of Darmouth or JaneDoe, Baronet of Preston.

(unchanged)

Citação :
    6. Ranking of Houses

Article 1. General Rules
    All recognized Houses must meet the following requirements* :
    • A recognized house must have at least 6 living PC’s residing within the Kingdom of England or willing to swear allegiance to His Majesty the King. Once a character is affiliated with a house they can not later be counted for this requirement in a different house.
    • Not all members must have a title but each type of house must meet it's required amount of Nobility Points at the time of inception and when it is reevaluated.
    • Each house must present a clear family tree at the time they are accredited, and should submit updates as needed. It must also apply for a registered Coat of Arms with the CoH, and must designate a Family Herald.
    • The head of household must present themselves to the Regent for recognition, and be able and willing to contribute to the realm in some capacity.
    • Characters can ‘discover’ new parents though a RP to become a member of a recognized house but once you are a member of a recognized house you may not change your parents.
    • PC’s may be related to several houses, but must always make it clear in their signature which house holds their primary loyalty. It is possible to change which house this is through appropriate roleplay.
    • NPC’s can be used to fill in as needed for parents and spouses, but it is recommended that houses do not include more NPC’s than are needed to make a family tree that shows all the relationships of house members.
    • NPC connections to other houses must have the agreement of the Head of each House.
    • Points gained from an individual under attainder or peerage assayed are considered null and void, pursuant to current rules.
    • If the holder of a title is deemed to be dead (no longer exists IG) the title is returned to the crown if prior arrangements have not been made and officially recorded. (Also considered is permanent forum ban, as titles are an RP element. In the case of a permanent ban with no indication of transfer to heir, title assayed to Crown.) In either case, once a title is returned to the crown it no longer counts for nobility points.
    • In the case of any title not transferred when moving out of England which does not receive Regent approval to be kept (and is hence assayed to the Crown), the family loses the points accrued by said title.
    • In the case of any title transferred to a person not of the family, the family loses the points accrued by said title.
    Note: The above should not be considered a definitive list of reasons by which points may be removed.
    * The following requirements should not be confused with the requirements of those families seeking Family Forums through the Censor Council. That is a separate matter.

Article 2. Application Procedure
    - The family should fill in the official form for house application with the details requested and send it to the Genealogy Heralds.
    - It is the duty of the genealogy heralds to validate details given. If the application is approved, the house is considered officially recognized.
    - It is the responsibility of the family herald to regularly update the details in the cloisters of Genealogy. Failure to keep this information up to date or to sustain the standards required for the house status may result in recognition being removed.

Article 3. House Points
    Points are granted for holding certain titles or responsibilities. The total number of points in a house define the rank of said house. Said points are assigned as follows.

For noble titles
    Prince - 32
    Duke - 24
    Marquess - 16
    Earl - 8
    Viscount - 4
    Baron - 2
    Baronet/Knight - 1

For church positions
    Cardinal - 24
    Archbishop - 16
    Bishop - 8
    Priest/Archdeacon - 4
    Canon - 2
    Deacon - 1

Article 4. Distribution of points
    All English titles and ranks of clergy held by an individual shall count for said points. No foreign titles may be considered for points. Shared peerage points can only be counted once.

Article 5. Records
    All records will be maintained by the Cloisters of Genealogy based on submitted information from the family herald. Records are subject to periodic review to ensure rank and status are maintained.

Article 6. Ranks and Requirements
    Gentry
    - The Head of House must hold equal or higher rank to that of a Baron or Priest
    - No House points are required

Noble house
    - The Head of House must hold equal or higher rank to that of a Viscount or Bishop
    - 25 House points are required

Stately house
    - The Head of House must hold equal or higher rank to that of an Earl or Archbishop
    - 50 House points are required

(unchanged)

Citação :
    7. Abbreviations
    • CoH – College of Heraldry
    • HoL – House of Lords
    • KoA – King of Arms
    • HC – Heralds Council
    • RL - real life
    • PC – Player Character
    • NPC – Non-Player Character
    • IGN - In-game noble
    • HoH – Head of Household

(unchanged)

Citação :
    8. Amendments
    • Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 may be changed by HC with a 75% vote in favor.
    • Section 6 may be changed by a majority vote of the HC.
    • Section 7 may be added to by the Garter Principle KoA and edited by a vote of the HC

(unchanged)

Cordelia escreveu:
    (building this section, if someone knows of a guideline I missed, drop me a mail with it please)

Guidelines, Regulations, and Policies

Citação :
    Restricted Devices - The Rose

Requesting the use of a Rose in general is not restricted on a Personal Coat of Arms, with the following exceptions.

Certain variations are Registered and fall under exclusive use by permission only.
    Certain variations are In Common Use and thus cannot be claimed by a family, guild or political party, etc. or be registered as exclusive. Anyone may still request this variation as either a dominate or lesser charge but is advised it can never be considered as exclusive.
    Certain variations namely the 'Lancanshire', 'Yorkshire' & 'Tudor' Roses are considered Historic Heritage and have a unique restriction/permission unto themselves.

Registered Roses and Permissions:

Blue/blue/blue - Carlyon Family
    Gold/Purp/Gold - Avis Family
    Gold/Red/Gold - Grey Family
    Red/Red/Gold - Sinclair Family
    White/White/Red - Halliwell Family
    Red/white/gold - Tudor Family (Tudor Rose)
    White/white/gold - York Family & future County (Yorkshire Rose)
    Red/red/white - Lancaster Family & County of Lancaster (Lancashire Rose)

In Common Use:

Red/gold/white
    Red/Gold/Gold (also known as Heraldic Rose )
    Red/Black/red
    green/white/gold
    red/red/red
    white/white/white

These roses are currently or have been in the past used for personal coats of Arms or may be considered as common. Although they are not associated to a family, they cannot in future be claimed or registered as exclusive because it implies those currently using that variation are associated.

Historic Heritage:

Red/red/white - Lancashire Rose
    White/white/gold - Yorkshire Rose
    Red/white/gold - Tudor Rose

These Roses are considered of historic value to the relevant County, it's people and family.( see War of the Roses and Tudor Dynasty ). Although historically linked only to the House Family, we recognize these Roses as a symbol of the County as well ( Tudor Rose has no county and is Family House only). They are restricted for use to the Named Family and to or within the relevant County by the Council, its Towns and Institutions only.

Please note: Any rose color or variation not listed above is free to use.

The College reserves the right to review any request or claim. It may alter the list as it sees fit and may further register roses to individuals or families if it deems it warranted.
    Guilds, Orders, political parties etc. can never claim as exclusive any rose variation.

Legend:
    - Colours: Outer petal/inner petal/seeds

Citação :
    Recognition of Past Character Achievement

This policy has been drafted to address the issue of returning players who RP as a former character reincarnation despite their original character being eradicated.

Admin have clearly stated the following:

{Badger}, on Nov 4, 2009, escreveu:

There are two types of In Game Eradication in RK. One type affects your Forum status, the other does not.

1. Game admin eradication
    This type of eradication is for crimes against the welfare of the game and is imposed by the game admins. For the purposes of RP, this "character" is DEAD. As in real life (and anyone who has seen "Young Frankenstein" will know this) Dead is DEAD! The player may not under any circumstances RP as the same character even if they do use the same name. Any past achievements/titles/etc are irretrievably lost.

2. Lack of Activity eradication
    This happens when a player does not log in for a certain period of time. The player has committed no offences IG or on the forums (mostly). They have only been unable to PLAY RK for whatever real life reason. If they come back under the same character name, then they are entitled to RP as the same character. The censors will not dictate to players how they RP or play the game in relation to this sort of eradication. The returning player has a free choice in this matter.

In coordination with Admin ruling, the CoH has decided the following:
    The eradication of a player will be looked upon as death or disappearance by the English College of Heraldry. All titles bestowed upon a person who is eradicated will be automatically returned to the pool and made available for future nominations to other deserving citizens. Should the eradicated player return, the titles will not be returned to that player.

A player may choose to continue to RP as the previous character if eradication is due to lack of activity. That character may be nominated for peerage and any past achievements, positions held and deeds done (be they good or evil) will be considered by the CoH when determining the rank of peerage.

A player may not continue to RP as the previous character if eradication is due to game admin eradication. That character may be nominated for peerage; however, any past achievements, positions held and deeds done (be they good or evil) will not be considered by the CoH when determining the rank of peerage.

Citação :
    Criminal Organizations

This policy (and subsequent list) has been drafted to address the issues of players who have chosen to RP as members of a criminal organization and still wish to avail themselves of all the benefits provided by our heraldic system (through membership in the College, granting of peerage, etc).

The College of Heraldry shall recognize an organization as criminal if an organization or their leaders:
    • Engage in criminal acts under the name of their organization.
    • Engage in criminal conspiracy or assassination against the Regent.
    • Publicly declare criminal intentions.
    • Publicly declare war against England.
    The College of Heraldry recognizes the following organizations as criminal:
    • The Wolves of Sherwood (WoS)
    • Nox Noctis Gentis Obscurum (NNGO)
    • ONE
    • Whitesnow Clan/Fury
    • Reavers
    • Corsairs

Citação :
    Title Process
    Option 1
    1) Count/Monarch makes a nomination
    2) Nomination is brought inside
    3) Level of title is agreed upon
    4) Nominee is contacted and asked to state their preferences (examples include close/far from ig home, military, religious, naval, etc), with it being made clear the College is not promising anything other than due consideration of said preferences.
    5) A minimum of 1, and up to 3 locations appropriate for the level of title are presented to the nominee. While under consideration, these locations are held in reserve in order to avoid two nominees from selecting the same location.
    6) Nominee replies indicating preference from the options given.
    7) Once agreed, the information is presented to the Monarch for final approval
    8)Title announced
    Ver perfil do usuário

Charter of the College of Heraldry
    Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Voltar ao Topo 
    Página 1 de 1
     Tópicos similares
    -
    » [XP9]GIG - FLN - XL Airways Charter Tour

Permissão deste fórum:Você não pode responder aos tópicos neste fórum
     :: Castelo :: Paço dos Condes :: Sala de Trabalho-
    Ir para: